Lentil Soup (vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, food allergy friendly)
From Welcoming Kitchen
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 7 1/2 vegetable broth (or 7 1/2 cups of water and 3 vegan bullion cubes)
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with liquid (either fresh or canned)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add water and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
My new book, Ancient Grains: A Guide to Cooking with Power-Packed Millet, Oats, Spelt, Farro, Sorghum & Teff (Superfoods for Life), is available now! Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.