Vegan Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake (Gluten-free, Food Allergy Safe, Nut Free, Refined Sugar Free)
- 5 tablespoons oat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a microwave-safe mug or small bowl.
- Add applesauce, syrup and vanilla, and stir until well combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Microwave for one minute, 15 seconds.
- The cake should look moist, but if there is still liquid-y batter on the edges, cook for another 15 to 30 seconds.
- Let sit for two minutes before enjoying.
My new book, Ancient Grains: A Guide to Cooking with Power-Packed Millet, Oats, Spelt, Farro, Sorghum & Teff (Superfoods for Life), is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Super Seeds and Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.