Cinco de Mayo calls for spicy salsa, cold margaritas and lots of creamy guacamole!
This guacamole adds some fruity sparkle to my favorite creamy dip. Serve it with chips or veggies, on top of salad, or on a baked potato or veggie burger.
Tomatillo Pineapple Guacamole (vegan, gluten-free, allergen-free)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatillo
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pineapple (fresh if possible, or rinsed canned or thawed frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- 1 avocado
- In a food processor, add tomatillos and jalapeño and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add red onion, pineapple, salt, and cilantro and pulse until combined, but still slightly chunky.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise, remove pit and scoop out flesh into a medium bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix in chopped vegetables/fruit.
- Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables.
My new book, Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.