I am so excited for you all to see the beauty that is SUPER SEEDS! I can say that since I had nothing to do with the gorgeous photos or super-cute design. All of the recipes are vegan, almost all are either gluten-free or have a gluten-free option, and almost all have a nut-free and soy-free option, too.
This week I whipped up a batch of the brownies from SUPER SEEDS. They use chia as the egg replacer, and I since I almost always have some on hand, it was easy to indulge our desire for a sweet treat.
Seeing that container of brownies sitting on my counter gave me an irresistible urge to transform those chocolatey treats into an ice cream. With a container of light coconut milk in the pantry and my ice cream maker ready to go, we were enjoying this delicious ice cream for dessert in just a couple of hours!
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can freeze the mixture in a lidded container, and fluff with it a fork every half hour or so, until it's frozen.
Since you don't have the SUPER SEEDS brownie recipe yet (though you can pre-order the book, so you're ready as soon as it ships), you can use the one from Welcoming Kitchen.
Vegan, gluten-free, allergy-safe brownie ice cream? Now that's something to scream about!
Brownies & Cream Ice Cream (vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free)
Makes 4 servings
- 1 14-ounce can of light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar (evaporated cane juice or coconut palm sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups brownie chunks
- Combine all ingredients except brownies in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir over heat until sugar is completely dissolved (2 or 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat, pour into a non-reactive bowl, and chill in refrigerator for an hour (or more.)
- Prepare according to ice cream maker's directions.
- Add brownie chunks in last couple of minutes of freezing.
- Ice cream will have a soft-serve consistency straight from the machine. For firmer ice cream, chill in the freezer for another hour or two.
My new book, Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.