These Crispy Rice and Coconut Chocolate Cups are fantastic! They are crunchy and chocolaty with just a hint of toasted coconut goodness. They make a great addition to a holiday cookie plate or a wonderful treat for any time of year.
Crispy Rice and Coconut Chocolate Cups (vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free)
Makes 18 candies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Flake cereal (or crisp rice cereal)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a dry pan over medium heat, lightly toast coconut flakes until lightly golden and fragrant (a minute or two).
- Mix coconut with cereal.
- In a small pot, melt chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring continuously until halfway melted. Turn off heat and continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix cereal mixture into chocolate. Stir to coat.
- Drop mixture by the tablespoon into candy papers.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to harden.
My new book, Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.