The weather here has turned pretty cool for the end of July.
That means that although we are still loving our ice creams, ice pops and sherbet, we are also able to turn on the oven.
This fruit-sweetened rice pudding provides a fabulous excuse to warm up your too-cool kitchen.
(I hope it warms up soon, though!)
Hawaiian Rice Pudding (gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free)
- 1 (15-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 15 ounces orange juice (empty coconut milk can filled with o.j.)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple tidbits (small pieces)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup arborio rice, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In an oven safe saucepan, bring coconut milk, orange juice, pineapple and salt to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in rice.
- Cover and bake for one hour.
- Stir before serving.
This recipe was shared with Allergy Free Wednesday.
My new book Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.