|Gluten-free, Vegan Red Wine Chocolate Cake|
I shared this post with Gluten-free Friday, Allergy-free Wednesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, and Totally Talented Tuesdays.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin is good, but not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 6 tablespoons soy-free Earth Balance
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegan white sugar
- ¾ cup vegan red wine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used King Arthur brand.)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all-spice
- extra Earth Balance and cocoa to prepare the pan
- powdered sugar and cinnamon to dust on top
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Prepare pan by greasing with Earth Balance and dusting with cocoa. Shake out extra cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine pumpkin and ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- Add Earth Balance and sugars, and cream together.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The top might still look pretty moist.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes, then out of pan until thoroughly cool.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Find more tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen and Gluten-free Vegan Recipes.