|Whole Grain Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Makes 24 large cookies
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (old-fashioned oatmeal)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup non-GMO canola oil
- 1/2 cup allergy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine flaxseed meal with water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet.
- Stir in chocolate chips to combine.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets or cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to cooling racks.
My new book, Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.