|Smoky Cauliflower Popcorn|
Are you looking for a healthy snack to add to your game-day spread?
Smoky Cauliflower Popcorn needs to be on your menu.
Hummus, guacamole and salsa all are great options for snacking. Popcorn, even chocolate-covered popcorn, adds whole-grain crunch to your buffet.
One of my new favorites are these smoky, roasted cauliflower bites. The trick is to cut or break your cauliflower into little bits, toss them in a flavor-filled spice mix, and cook them up until they are still tender, but have a bit of crunch.
Smoky Cauliflower Popcorn (vegan, gluten-free, allergen-free)
Makes 2 generous servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small bits (about 1/2-inch or so)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread olive oil on paper.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings.
- Spread cauliflower on paper
- Top with spice mixture.
- Stir to evenly coat cauliflower with oil and spices.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cauliflower is done when it is dark brown in spots, but not burned.
My new book, Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.