This week, I made my boys Cinnamon Coffee Cake for One for breakfast. I added diced apples that we picked on our annual apple-picking outing. It was a huge hit!
That had me looking through my recipes, and I realized that I never posted my vegan and gluten-free Single-Serving Brownie here. That seemed like something that had to remedied right away!
If you don't have a microwave or choose not to use one, you can bake this up in an oven-safe dish at 350 for 10-15 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Single-Serving Brownie (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, allergen-free)Happy Cooking!
Makes 1 brownie
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar or 4 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (You could also use evaporated cane juice.)
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl or mug (or oven safe if using oven directions).
2. Stir to thoroughly mix all ingredients.
3. Microwave on high for one minute, or if using an oven, bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie comes out clean.
4. Let cool a little before eating - it will be hot.
Find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen and Gluten-free Vegan Recipes.