Stuck in a breakfast rut?
Need something a little bit different, maybe something a little sweet?
After I made my mug brownie for The Balanced Platter, I've been intrigued by the idea of single-serving (mug) mini cakes. With whole grain oat flour and naturally sweet maple syrup this little cake is tasty enough for a brunch dessert, but healthy and quick enough for a weekday breakfast.
I shared this with Wellness Weekend and Meatless Monday Blog Hop.
Single Serving Cinnamon Mug Coffee Cake (vegan, gluten-free, top-8 allergen-free)
- 5 tablespoons oat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a coffee cup or small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Mix in remaining ingredients until completely combined. (Make sure that all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.)
- Cook in a microwave on high for one minute.
My new book Super Seeds, is available now! You can also find tasty recipes in Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes.